Health and safety manager
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Location||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Area||Birmingham, United Kingdom|
|Salary||£200.0 - £250.0 per day|
Health and Safety Manager
A leading manufacturing business based in Birmingham who specialise in cutting edge Automation projects, working closely with some of the world's leading businesses. After securing a number of long term contracts with key customers, investing heavily in new machinery and having recruited a wealth of new staff, the company are now seeking a Health & safety Manager/Consultant to join them on an interim basis. The Health and Safety Manager / Consultant will be tasked with implementing new and updating existing H & S processes on site.
A Health and Safety Manager/ Consultant is now required join the team on an interim basis.
You will take responsibility for:
- Ensure all H&S procedures are implemented and maintained.
- Completion of regular risk assessments
- Educating and training workforce on all aspects of health and safety within the workplace
- Overhaul and updating of current procedures in line with required standards
- Working closely with manufacturing, production, logistics departments in ensuring correct procedures are being adhered to
What you need
It is ESSENTIAL for the successful candidate to have the following:
- Previous experience of managing Health & Safety within a MANUFACTURING/PRODUCTION setting is ESSENTIAL
- Membership of relevant bodies (IQA/IEMA/IOSH)
- Knowledge of UK/European Health and Safety standards/legislation
- Additional experience in at least one of the following, LOLER, PUWER OR Manual Handling,
Other DESIRABLE skills include:
- Experience and qualifications to deliver training (Manual Handling etc) is advantageous, AET qualifications a distinct advantage
What is on offer
On offer is the chance to join a large manufacturing business who offer stability due to the long-term contracts they have to fulfil with their customers. Along with this, with the company having numerous sites nationwide, there is the opportunity to gain further work across the other sites. The work is extremely varied, and you will benefit from working on a range of challenging projects. You will also benefit from a rate of £200-£250 a day.
How to apply?
For more information on this role please contact us at our Birmingham office on 0121 8207020 or email me at Oliver.smitjh@pontemrecruitment. Alternatively, please use the link in this ad to apply now.
We will aim to respond back to all successful applications within 5 days. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days, your application has been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV and details on file to consider you for more relevant opportunities in the future.
Pontem Recruitment is a leading specialist recruitment agency who aim to bridge the skills gap between candidates and employers within the Engineering & Manufacturing sector.
Pontem Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.