|Job Type||Temporary / Contract|
|Location||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Area||Birmingham, United Kingdom|
|Salary||£15.0 - £17.0 per hour|
A leading manufacturing business based in Birmingham who specialise in cutting edge Automation projects, working closely with some of the world's leading businesses. After securing a number of long term contracts with key customers, the company are seeking to expand their team and are looking for a number of Mechanical Fitters to join them.
A Mechanical Fitter is now required join the team on a long-term ongoing basis with a variety of shifts available to suit the ideal candidate.
You will take responsibility for:
- Mechanical fitting of large pneumatic controlled robotic conveyors
- Stripping and building of robotic conveyors independently
- Working to engineering drawings to accurately assemble the final product
What you need
It is ESSENTIAL for the successful candidate to have the following:
- Previous maintenance/mechanical fitting / Machine Build experience is essential
- Ideally you will have worked with Special Purpose Machinery and/or conveyor systems however this is not essential and candidates with strong mechanical fitting experience will still be considered
- Experience of working with pneumatics and/or hydraulics is advantageous
Other DESIRABLE skills include:
- Electrical fitting experience/knowledge is advantageous but not essential
What is on offer
On offer is the chance to join a large manufacturing business who offer stability due to the long term contracts they have to fulfil with their customers. There is a varied amount of work as well as a range of shifts and hours to suit the successful candidates and because of unprecedented demand with their customers, there is plenty of overtime available in addition. You will also benefit from a rate of £15-£17ph. Hours available include, 6am-2pm Monday-Friday, 2pm-10pm Monday-Friday with the option of 10 hours of overtime a week, as standard, for the next 6-12 months.
How to apply?
For more information on this role please contact us at our Birmingham office on 0121 8207020 or email me at . Alternatively, please use the link in this ad to apply now.
We will aim to respond back to all successful applications within 5 days. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days, your application has been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV and details on file to consider you for more relevant opportunities in the future.
Pontem Recruitment is a leading specialist recruitment agency who aim to bridge the skills gap between candidates and employers within the Engineering & Manufacturing sector.
Pontem Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.