Control Systems Engineer
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Location||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Area||Birmingham, United Kingdom|
|Salary||£40000.0 - £50000 per annum|
Control Systems Engineer
A leading manufacturing business based in Birmingham who specialise in cutting edge Automation projects, working closely with some of the world's leading businesses. After securing a number of long term contracts with key customers, the company are seeking to expand their team and are looking for a Control Systems Engineer to join them at their brand new manufacturing facility.
A Control Systems Engineer is now required join the team on a permanent basis.
You will take responsibility for:
- Designing from concept control systems for machinery and robotic cells, and creation of control engineering standards and products to improve design efficiencies.
- Stripping and building of mechanical equipment.
- Building and design of control panels, including project management throughout the full process, from concept to installation.
- Technical support to customers, relevant electrical/mechanical support to projects with the inclusion of supervisory support
- Building testing and commissioning of machinery
- Interacting with key customers to understand the scope of the project
What you need
It is ESSENTIAL for the successful candidate to have the following:
- Comfortable with both Mechanical and Electrical Builds/Projects
- Relevant experience within automation/machine build systems industries
- PLC programming experience, such as Siemens S7/Rockwell Automation Logix, Plc based control systems, and Siemens TIA Portals.
- 18Th Edition/NVQ Level 3/ONC/D/HNC and equivalent qualifications
Other DESIRABLE skills include:
- Relevant Software Engineering Degree would be a distinct advantage however not essential
What is on offer
On offer is the chance to join a large manufacturing business who offer stability due to the long-term contracts they have to fulfil with their customers. There is a varied amount of work as well as a competitive salary up to £50,000, a chance of progression with an employer that will reward and recognise your hard work.
How to apply?
For more information on this role please contact us at our Birmingham office on 01218207020 or email me at . Alternatively, please use the link in this ad to apply now.
We will aim to respond back to all successful applications within 5 days. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days, your application has been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV and details on file to consider you for more relevant opportunities in the future.
Pontem Recruitment is a leading specialist recruitment agency who aim to bridge the skills gap between candidates and employers within the Engineering, Manufacturing & Logistics sectors.
Pontem Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.