|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Location||Birmingham, West Midlands|
|Area||Birmingham, United Kingdom|
|Salary||£33000 - £330000 per hour|
A global manufacturing business based in Birmingham specialising in the supply of core Aerospace components to the world's leading Aerospace and defence manufacturers. The company is now undergoing significant expansion across its flagship Birmingham site due to a huge influx of demand with key customers and on the back of this growth are seeking Production Operatives to in their Foundry Team.
Reporting to and working under the Operations Manager, a physically fit operative, who will take responsibility for the upkeep and general labour of the department to join the business on a temporary to permanent basis.
You will take responsibility for:
- Operating a range machinery and computer systems
- Ensuring existing control methods are sustainable and effective whilst working within strict health and safety guidelines
- Working under the department supervisor's supervision and instructions
- Moving products safely around the Foundry using Forklift Trucks and/or Cranes
What you need
It is ESSENTIAL for the successful candidate to have the following:
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing/engineering/production environment is essential
- A team player with good communication skills, flexible and comfortable working to deadlines and projects
- Quality and Safety awareness
- Excellent computer skills
Other DESIRABLE skills include:
- Experience of working within high-risk environments where there is heightened exposure to noise and/or hazardous materials/substances would be desirable. Foundry experience is highly advantageous but not essential
- Crane and/or forklift would be advantageous however not essential as full training is on offer
What is on offer
On offer is the chance to join one of the region's largest employers who have a long-standing history of internal promotion and development with high staff retention and a number of employee's being with the business for their whole working careers. Along with this is the opportunity to join a company who will heavily invest in employee wellness and training. You will also benefit from a highly competitive salary of £33,000 along with a host of benefits including wellness packages, enhanced pension and working Monday-Friday 6am-3pm, initially with the flexibility of some 4-on 4-off shifts(2 days, 2 nights) with overtime available.
How to apply?
For more information on this role please contact us at our Birmingham office on 0121 820 7020 or email me at . Alternatively, please use the link in this ad to apply now.