Permanent Transport Planner
|Job Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Location||Stourbridge, West Midlands|
|Area||Dudley, United Kingdom|
|Sector||Warehousing & Distribution|
|Salary||£26 - £30.0 per annum|
|Job Discipline||Logistics & supply chain|
A well-established family run business with an excellent reputation in Stourbridge. Working as part of the pallet network who are now looking to recruit for a transport planner on the back of recent growth due to higher demands from key clients.
A Transport Supervisor is now required who will be responsible for dispatching freight into the pallet network, ensuring all procedures are followed, supervising drivers, and assisting forklift truck drivers during offloading, efficiently loading the trunk trailers, loading general haulage trucks, dealing with customers and day to day administration.
You will take responsibility for:
- Responsibility for Drivers, their daily collections and drops and the efficient planning of their activity.
- Responsibility for supervising the transport activity within the organization.
- Ensure that customer expectations are met, and the customer is informed of any difficulties.
- Maintain quality records, especially damages and investigate to ensure long term solutions are achieved.
- Ensure targets set are maintained throughout the business.
- Work closely with Transport office, drivers and despatch/warehouse teams to ensure items are despatched on time
What you need
It is ESSENTIAL for the successful candidate to have the following:
- Forklift experience (Preferably a forklift License but not essential)
- HGV Class 2 license is essential
- Computer literate
Other DESIRABLE skills include:
- Previous experience working in a transport office is desirable but not essential as full training si given.
- Forklift counterbalance license
What is on offer
On offer is a chance to join a well-established family run business with an excellent reputation in the local area. Along with this you will be given full training if you are transitioning from driving into the transport office without prior experience. The salary on offer is £30,000 on a permanent basis.
How to apply?
For more information on this role please contact us at our Birmingham office on 0121 820 7020 or email me at . Alternatively, please use the link in this ad to apply now.
We will aim to respond back to all successful applications within 5 days. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days, your application has been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV and details on file to consider you for more relevant opportunities in the future.
Pontem Recruitment is a leading specialist recruitment agency who aim to bridge the skills gap between candidates and employers within the Engineering & Manufacturing sector.
Pontem Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.